What is Supporters Direct?
SD works with supporters trusts to help them buy shares and increase influence at their clubs collectively.
Our role is to secure greater level of accountability and deliver democratic representation within sports clubs and within sport's governing structures.
We deliver advice and guidance on governance and financial accountability to our members and to ensure they play a valued and responsible role in the running of their clubs, improving communication and building a better relationship with the local community.
- Promote the responsible voice of supporters in the running of sports clubs through securing democratic representation
- Deliver advice and guidance on corporate governance and accountability to trusts that have secured board representation, ownership or control of their club
- Influence or change ownership structures so that the interests of the Club, supporters and the club's communties are more purposefully aligned
- Promote the use of sports and other facilities of professional sports clubs by their local communities and to cement their position as a focus for civic and community life
- Raise the standard of training, expertise and service delivery to the volunteer membership base of trusts
- Help trusts re-orientate clubs into becoming community hubs, whether they're trust or privately owned